Monday, June 23, 2008

Princesses on the Run

I had a lot of fun this weekend letting out my "inner princess" by visiting the Bann Clan in South Carolina. Poor little Evan had to have his tonsils removed Thursday so I volunteered to fly down to help Lisa take care of both him and Sara. Since Evan was feeling under the weather all weekend, Lisa and I let Sara do whatever she wanted this weekend. And, we certainly did whatever she wanted!

My whirlwind weekend of fun began with me running around Manhattan all last week looking for a snow globe that would melt Sara's heart. And, while snow globes can be fairly abundant here in the City, this was no ordinary snow globe request! Miss Sara had specifically requested a globe that had not just one, but all of the Disney princesses. I nearly fainted when I heard the request escape her mouth over the phone; I hadn't had a hunt n' seek challenge like this one since having to find the brown stuffed horse of '04! But, I am Aunt Jessica, and I was up for the challenge!

Luckily, the huge Disney store on 5th Ave was able to deliver. After scouring the shelves, I located a solitary snow globe with Belle, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty atop a pink castle tower that sparkled with glitter when turned over. It was perfect!

After finding the ideal location for the new snow globe, Sara and I spent our weekend at the royal court, getting a tan at the pool . .

Painting our faces . . .Creating works of art . . . And pampering ourselves . . .It was so much fun and it reminded me how Lisa and I used to have fun playing together at her age!

1 comments:

BradandMelanie said...

Sounds like tons of fun - wish I could have been there too!!!