Monday, September 14, 2009

My Fans Have Been Calling . . .

The posts have been few and far between this summer, I know. But, I guess it's true what they say -- absence makes the heart grow fonder . . . fans and readers have been coming out of the woodwork asking (almost begging, really) for more updates on life in the Big Apple. My apologies; I promise to make a better effort at posting (you notice I didn't promise to post more often, but only to make a better effort . . . I suppose it's healthy that I can admit my weaknesses to even myself.) In the meantime, here are some of the best moments from the Summer of '09:

In July, my friend Fiona and I took a day trip to Atlantic City. While I sadly lost $250 in just 30 short minutes, I did finally learn where all the street names' in Monopoly originated from. . . A week later, I made a road trip to Lancaster, MA to watch my nephew Kyle play and win the US Youth Soccer National Championship for 14-year-olds! It felt so great being able to cheer Kyle from the sidelines along with my brother and sister-in-law. I couldn't believe they were all here; it was just so surreal with plenty of hugs and well wishes throughout the weekend! It was especially meaningful for Kyle and his teammates when he celebrated his birthday during the tournament too.

August brought the Fall semester for LIM College and my first teaching experience. To be honest, I am completely wrapped up in it. . . I had no idea it would be so much work, but I am completely committed to it. My students are very enthusiastic and eager to learn (it's a total self-esteem booster, really), but I've been struggling with getting them to put in the work along with the classtime.

September has brought with it Fall in its fullness; the air has been cool and crisp, but filled with sunshine. My friend Sarah came to visit me Labor Day weekend; it was great to visit and catch up after such a long absence. I love it when my girlfriends come to visit me!

0 comments: