Monday, March 22, 2010

A Beautiful Bride


After a long flight that made my foot blow up to the size of a football, I made it to Cali for Rachael and Keith's wedding this weekend.  I was so happy to be there for their special day.  Many may claim to have played a small part in bringing these two lovebirds together, but really it was all my doing . . . (well, in a roundabout sort of way.)   After all, I am the bride's old roommate whose grandmother placed a newspaper ad for a room for rent that I answered; with whom I moved to California 10 years ago; after which I met Stacey, the groom's sister, and whom I introduced to the bride only to have them both become my best friends and to eventually have the bride fall in love with her brother.  You got all that?  (Well, ok, I would be willing to give a small amount of the credit to Rachael's grandmother for placing the newspaper ad in the first place . . .)

The day was so incredibly special for us all, the longtime friends who were finally becoming family after so many years.  I am so glad that my ailing body allowed me to make the trip and to witness this momentous occasion.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Millett!

0 comments: