Thursday, March 25, 2010

Is It March or May?


So, during my convelescence period of the past 10 weeks, I've had, you could say, not a lot to do around here!  I've invested in and since become addicted to 9 different TV series (and counting) and I've read 4 different novels already . . . instead of being out enjoying this beautiful city I call home by enhancing my cultural senses at museums, staying physically conditioned with long walks in Central Park, or eating decadent desserts at the local Italian eatery, I have been trapped in this little studio of mine dreaming of what I will do in the warmer months of summer . . . (thus the reason for no new and interesting posts--no new and interesting news!)

When visiting with my family this weekend, I asked what our plans were for 4th of July. . . my brother just looked me and said, "Geeze, I had to stop and think for a minute:  is it March or May?"  OK, I get it; everyone is a bit busier than I am and they haven't even started thinking about their summer vacations yet.  But, really, that's all I can think about!  I've got to have something to look forward to in order for me to really remain sane through this long and arduous process.

Luckily, my sister-in-law piped up at that moment and announced to me that they're going to Italy and that I am coming with them!  Apparently, she's been planning a two week cruise along the Mediterranean coast.  But, just as she was getting all bubbly telling me about the details of every port of call (including two days in Monte Carlo--yeah, Monte Carlo), my brother shook his head and whispered to me, "No, we're not. . . we're going to Tahoe like we do every year."   Yeah, this little argument went back and forth for about an hour with me right in the middle. . . you can imagine my frustration (just tell me where we're going and when we're leaving; I can start planning the rest).

Either trip sounds divine to me . . . I just have to figure out a way to use my four weeks of vacation and soon.  Once I have an amazing vacation to look forward to, I can finally wrap up this healing process with my mind in one piece . . . (that and I think the arrival of Spring in NYC will help too.)

0 comments: