Monday, September 29, 2008

And, There Was Hope Again . . .

When I arrived in NYC six months ago, I was filled with anticipation, hope, and optimism. And, slowly, month by month, I've seen my emotions go from one extreme to another. The job that I once was so excited to begin just hasn't met my expectations and I've seen myself questioning the choice to leave my life in Cali more each day. Just when I thought it was all lost, I was filled with a new sense of hope today!

I've been offered a tremendous new opportunity to lead Nickelodeon's international efforts worldwide. I'm confident that this new position will be one that will be personally rewarding and provide me the intellectual challenge that I've been missing for several months now. And, this position will mean new perks, the chance to travel abroad, and not to mention more $$! I couldn't be duckier!

6 comments:

The Wright's said...

Congratulations yet again on your success! You are amazing!!!

Holly said...

So cool! Seriously! Keep me updated, I'm so excited for you!

Stacie Lang said...

Congrats Jess! I am so excited to see all the new and exciting things you are being able to do. How exciting to get to travel and have someone else foot the bill :) Good luck and I look forward to seeing pictures of all the places you get to go. Good luck!

Rob Morris said...

Congrats, cuz! I wish you all the best!

meg said...

First, I can't believe you've really been in NYC for SIX months!

Second, Congrats!!! I'm SO SUPER happy for you! I know you'll love this and be great at it! YAY YOU!

BradandMelanie said...

Horray...for new experiences, traveling and most of all more money! Congrats and good luck :)