Monday, December 22, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday To Me!

"Aunt Jesska, Aunt Jesska, it's your birfday . . . I going to sing 'Happy Birfday' to you!", Hudson delighted when he bounded into the living room Sunday morning to greet me.

I was delighted to have the chance to spend the day with Hudson--I was afraid I wouldn't be able to after a long day of travel the day before that included missing my morning flight, barely being allowed to board the next one, and then remaining trapped in the middle seat next to a restless 300 lb. man for the 7.5 hour extended flight. It was a small miracle that I managed to escape The City before the second blizzard wave arrived a few hours later.

Bob and Carla took me out for a fantastic seafood dinner to celebrate. And, Hudson's "birfday singing" was wonderful . . . But, I just have to complain a little that he managed to eat more of my chocolate cake than I did!

And, tonight, I finally got to meet up with my friends when they took me out to dinner to celebrate again at Mimi's. I had such a great birthday--I'm so glad I made it out of town!

0 comments: