Monday, December 1, 2008

What is this, a TV fun house?

I finally arrived in The Springs safe and sound Thursday for the holiday. An early morning departure mixed with a long flight left me a little sleepy, but spending time with Mom and the rest of the family was a relaxing respite from my crazy new schedule at work. We had plenty of time to gorge on lots of turkey, stuffing, gravy, pie, and of course, deviled eggs (thanks to Jeremy's standing order for the uniquely Wells Family tradition each year). After dinner Thursday night, I attempted to stay up as late as I could to play dice and other crazy games before finally hitting the pillow in pure exhaustion and jet lag.

An internal clock still set for EST allowed me to get up easily enough Friday morning to hit the shopping mall where I found a few good deals, including a pair of much needed winter boots. Snow had fallen the night before and made Colorado a winter wonderland; more snowfall each night left it that way for the rest of the weekend!

In fact, the sticky snowflakes kept me grounded for some time Sunday night in Denver. While waiting for our flight to take off, I spotted Andy Samberg sitting across from me at the gate. He was on my flight returning to NYC!

1 comments:

Mimi said...

I don't even know all these people you see everywhere, that is so cool! I am sorry you got delayed, more info please on your carry on baggage experience. AND a picture of the NY Coat!!