Friday, January 2, 2009

I've Finally Been "Sucked" In

After hearing all the fuss about Twilight, I finally decided to crack open the book and give it a chance. Halfway through Chapter 3, I was hooked. I managed to read all but the last 60 pages on my flight home yesterday, slowly falling in love with Edward's charming and gentlemanly ways.

After closing the final chapter this afternoon, I found the next movie screening time and bolted across town for the chance to see my new crush in full color on the big screen. Unfortunately, the movie was not nearly as satisfying as the novel:

  • Kristen Stewart (Bella) has got to be one of the worst actresses I have ever witnessed.
  • Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson (Edward) have absolutely no on-screen chemistry.
  • The director managed to over-cheesify the few romantic scenes that actually appear in the movie.
  • The movie almost completely ignores the intrinsic draw of the book, which is Edward and Bella's long, heartfelt conversations.
  • But, I have to admit that Rob Pattinson nearly nailed Edward's emotional dichotomy on-screen; plus, he's really hot!
On the way home, I stopped at Barnes & Noble and picked up New Moon, the next book in the saga . . . yeah, I am really pathetic.

2 comments:

Hilarie said...

Hey Jess! No, you are not pathetic. I read all four Twilight books in two days :) I agree, the books are WAY better than the movie, but I liked the movie for what it was; movies are never as good as the book! Hope you are surviving the snow and cold. I don't think I could do it! Kinda crazy how much my niece looks like me, huh? I hear that all the time! My sister-in-law and brother are having another baby girl this April, should be interesting to see who she looks like. Hope you are well and that you have a marvelous 2009! Much love xoxo

BradandMelanie said...

Luckily, I am still holding strong and haven't gotten sucked in yet...but I think I might be the only one left!