Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Absolutely True! Sex Sells . . .

I just love a good controversy! SpongeBob toys are currently available in a Burger King Kids' Meal. And, since SpongeBob appeals to adults just as much as kids, I guess Burger King thought they could take a little creative liberty in their current commercial . . .


I actually worked on this promotion with Burger King for our Canada stores. But, I never saw the commercial until it began airing last week. The Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood is trying to get the ad banned from the air stating it's inappropriate for children and promotes sensationalism. I agree that it's a little over the top for children, but from a marketer's standpoint, I couldn't be more impressed! It is one of the more creative spots I have seen in years and I am confident it will boost sales for Burger King and help promote our favorite Sponge. So, all I can say is . . .

Hurry in! Get dinner and a show for only $0.99 for a limited time! You can view the entire music video featuring The King here. (I think any remaining speck of my sense of business ethics just flew out the window completely . . .)

1 comments:

Erin said...

Speechless. No words can describe its greatness.