Friday, April 17, 2009

That Is Professor Wells To You

As many of you know, I've long been trying to find a way to make use of the MBA degree that I spent a significant amount of time and money working to achieve (because I seemingly continue to think it's otherwise completely useless in my current job). So, I kept sending out my resume . . . and sending it out . . . and sending it out . . . to as many colleges as I could the last few years trying to find a teaching job.

Well, I finally got a call for an interview last month from The Laboratory Institute of Merchandising, a small private fashion merchandising college here in Manhattan that also offers degrees in Marketing and Business Management. They were very impressed with my resume and wanted to consider me for two of their courses, including Power of the Brand and Global Markets (both upper-classman level courses, I might add!)

I've been keeping it quiet the last few weeks for fear that it might not happen. . . but, I received confirmation today that I will be teaching Global Markets (what the hell that means is still not completely clear, but who cares?! Professors make up stuff and pontificate for hours on end anyway, right?) two evenings a week to LIM's aspiring juniors and seniors this coming Fall semester! Check out my official listing in the school catalog:

Course: MRKT 408-08
Course Title: Global Markets
Instructor: Wells, Jessica
Credits: 3.0
Day(s): MW
Time(s): 6:10 - 7:40
Room: 0508

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Congratulations Jess!

LostinPlaceKim said...

That is AWESOME, Jess! Congrats!

The Wright's said...

That is so incredible! If I were you, I would demand they call you Master Wells. I had a teacher once say since she did not have her doctorate we could not call her Dr. so Master would be fine. It was that very day I decided I wanted to get my Masters so I could also be referred to as Master. So Master Wells, congratulations. You deserve! Now go and warp young minds!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,
Awesome, you will be a great teacher! Did I tell you I teach as well? I teach business courses at college. I have even started to create my own courses. Teaching is now my retirement plan as I don't think we can "retire" in the way our parents can.
Marjanne