Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Floater of a Good Time!

So, in an effort to make new friends and discover this great city of mine, I recently joined several interest groups at Meetup.com. And, when most of my friends left town, leaving me to fend for myself this weekend, I managed to find a really fun group to join Saturday night.

The group was fantastic! About 20 of us young professionals traveled to Brooklyn to see the Floating Kabarette, a variety and comedy show complete with Cabaret dancers, gymnasts, and magicians. After playing musical chairs throughout the evening, I was able to meet everyone in the group, including Lauren, who lives just a few short blocks from me here on the UES. I experienced a most unusual and unexpectedly fun evening, making a few new friends along the way!

0 comments: