Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes . . .

My boss promptly walked into my office at about 1:45pm today and closed the door . . . yeah, she never does that unless it's really serious . . . she proceeded to explain to me that her role as VP of Licensing and Marketing was beginning to take its toll on her and that she had finally decided that she could no longer hold up both pillars of the business with her own small shoulders.

So, we're going to re-organize our department a bit. She is going to be managing the licensing side of the business and will be turning over marketing responsibilities (and me in the process) to our VP in the London office. Our VP there, who has been handling marketing for Europe only, will now manage all international marketing. She will continue to have her director manage the Europe business and I will now report into her and manage the REST of the WORLD! Yes, apparently they like me so much around here, they're now going to give me the entire free (and non-free) world to manage outside Europe. Latin America and Asia will now report into me . . . yes, the woman who only speaks one language will now have multi-language and multi-regional responsibilities as well as 4 new team members reporting into her.

Well, congrats to me! While I am excited at this opportunity and the elevated exposure it's going to grant me in the company, my first reaction was, "well, there goes my exit strategy . . ." Apparently, NYC will continue to be my home for the next little while. Now how to ask for that raise I so rightly deserve?!

2 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

Doesnt really suprise me that they realize how amazing you are! Congrats and I am sure you will do a great, amazing, super job!

The Bann Clan said...

Congratulations Jess that's great news!