Saturday, November 7, 2009

May I Offer My Expertise?


Apparently I have finally reached the point in my career where I have influence and can attract attention in large crowds . . . who knew?

The New York Women in Communications is one of the largest networking groups here in New York for women in all communications fields including marketing, public relations, and journalism. My good friend, Linda, sits on their board and invited me to participate in their Student Conference today. Along with 50 other communications professionals, I got the opportunity to sit on a panel, answering questions about networking, the steps that I have taken to propel my career, and what it's like working for such a well known company to college students from around the country.

It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed hearing comments and questions from all the eager young women who want to start a career in marketing. Following the panel discussion, I had nearly 25 students lining up in the hallway to ask for my business card. I have to admit I secretly relished in the fact that I totally won the popularity contest among the other panelists . . . even if it only was because of my famous employer.

0 comments: