Monday, August 18, 2008

I am The Flying High Auntie in The Sky

I finally got the chance to visit some family and friends in So-Cal this weekend. The weather was really beautiful and it was good to get some extra love, a few smiley faces, and lots of We miss you's from my nieces and nephews. Here are some of the highlights:

Friday was spent having breakfast with the girls, Nicole and Alison. We ate some delicious pancakes and french toast at Ruby's and then headed over to Kohl's seeking out some fun clearance items. We found these really colorful rain hats and couldn't resist the chance to take our picture together. We had a few takes with poor Ali's face being cut off, but I finally managed to get a shot with more than 50% of each our features included.

Friday night I had dinner with the boys (Niko and Kyle), my brother Bill, and sister-in-law Elke. We had a delightful time sharing stories, sipping on margaritas (only the adults, of course), and dipping into yummy guacamole at the outdoor patio at El Torito Grill. I was then off to my Aunt Jamie's to spend some quality girl's only time with her and Lorenda. Lorenda invited us both to stay at her beautiful home in Anaheim Hills. We spent the rest of the evening sitting out on the deck for hours sharing stories.

Saturday, I drove down to San Diego to visit my brother Bob, his wife Carla, and my newest nephew Hudson. And, he was definitely a handful of fun! I decided to bring him a little bit of the City with me when I came; I had managed to find these really great NY cars, including a yellow taxi, a blue police car, and a red tour bus. I explained to him that these are the kind of cars that people drive where Aunt Jessica lives. Well, once he had them, he couldn't let them go. In fact, he loved them so much, he may have even proven himself as a new child commercial star. I mean, look at that form, delivering the product directly to camera, making sure to not allow his fingers to cover the product, all smiles, emotion in the eyes . . . he really is every marketer's dream.

He and I had a great visit. I was torn when I finally had to leave; it was a little too much to handle watching him scream and cry from the curb in the rear view mirror as I drove away. There really isn't anything I wouldn't do for my kids . . . I love 'em!

P.S. I finally got the chance to fly Jet Blue on this trip out West. And, needless to say, I am sold! So, for those of you wondering what I might like for my birthday or Christmas gifts, may I suggest Jet Blue gift cards? You can conveniently purchase them online or at your local VONS. . .

0 comments: