Sunday, August 24, 2008

I ♥ NY, But I Miss Suburbia

There have been a few things that I have missed having in my life since I moved to the City. And, while you can get just about anything you need here, there a few things that are left to the Suburbanites to enjoy . . . one of my favorite stores that I've missed is The Rack. I've always loved having a Rack close by to frequent every few weeks for fantastic Nordstrom outlet finds.

My family gave me a gift card for Nordstrom's as a going-away gift when I accepted my job here, but I've been unable to redeem it yet since we don't have a Nordstrom's anywhere in the city. After I looked up the closest location of a Nordstrom's in Long Island, I also saw that a Rack wasn't too much farther . . . and, since I knew I could redeem a Nordstrom's gift card at the Rack, I thought it would be worth making my money work a little harder and make it a field trip.

Carrie was here this weekend and had a car. So, she volunteered to be my chauffer. We left Saturday morning and made a day of it. It wasn't until we arrived, though, that we became so ecstatic! As we pulled up, we found a bounteous shopper's paradise complete with a Wal-Mart, Costco, Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, Off 5th, and Steve & Barry's. We fueled up for our shopping adventure by first enjoying lunch at the Cheesecake Factory before finishing the afternoon at Costco, picking up some much needed bulk items. They matched my $7 pants perfectly!

1 comments:

meg said...

I've lived in the suburbs for only 2 days and I can't wait to leave!!!