Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Saving The Change . . .

Today, I booked my holiday airfare for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am going to spend Thanksgiving in Colorado with Mom and Mimi. And, I promised the kids I would be at home on Christmas day to see them open their gifts. OK, I know I'm supposed to be excited to see all my family for the upcoming holidays, but instead I'm just thinking about how much money I've spent this week!

After tallying up the facial cleanser, moisturizer, deoderant, sweaters, long sleeve blouses, bright red rain jacket (it was totally adorable and surprisingly on sale--so I had to have it, of course), a ticket to CA, and a ticket to CO, I've managed to rack up more than $1200! Ouch!

So, this week I've been repenting for my misdeeds by taking every chance I can to find extra cash lying around the house. I've come home every night this week to eat whatever's in my fridge (absolutely no eating out this week); I've listed my Disneyland annual pass on Craigslist (although I doubt anyone will actually buy it); I've taken a babysitting assignment for Sunday; I've dug through all my medical receipts for the year and submitted them for my healthcare reimbursement account; and, I've been scouring the want ads for a weekend job. Anything to get me through the holidays!

0 comments: