Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yes, My Job is That Cool!

I got the chance to sit down with my new boss today to discuss what my first week will be like on the job. My calendar is already being filled with hob-nobbing and networking appointments next week and I'm going to need to hit the ground running perfecting our PowerPoint presentations for Dora The Explorer, SpongeBob Squarepants, and Ni Hao Kai Lan . . . I'm just salivating at the thought of perfectly aligning all those cute little Nick characters along those gridlines and making them run across the screen in flashy animation!

And, my first business trip? I'll be planning a networking event and presentation for all our International partners at Hong Kong Toy Fair during the first week of January. And, when I told my boss that I would be taking the week of Christmas off to be in Cali, she said, "Well, you might want to go ahead and stay the next week, too. I mean, it would be a lot easier for you to fly to Hong Kong from LA."

Take two weeks of paid time off to work and play in Cali in December? I can perfect my PowerPoint presentations (at the beach) by day and spoil the nieces and nephews by night! I think I'm gonna like this new job . . .

3 comments:

meg said...

Oh that so wonderful! And, so right up your ally!

The Wright's said...

That is so great Jess! How exciting for you, congratulations!

My son, Kutter, absolutely loves Spongebob so he is a bit jealous that you get to work with him all day. He told me to tell you to ask for his autograph when you get a chance. I just love how kids think!

Cahills said...

love the blog!! Everyone must experience living in Manhattan in their lifetime!! I'll get that list to ya!