Friday, July 4, 2008

I'm Proud to Be An American!

So, since this was going to be my first 4th of July in the City, I had the entire day planned with activities, sight seeing, and celebrations all about town. Unfortunately, as the week of our beloved country's birthday neared, one by one most of my friends left town and ditched my elaborate plans. So, Bryan and I were the only ones left to see them through. But, alas, I lost excitement in my own plans as well when the weather man forecast soggy skies all weekend. So we decided to keep it low key and to concentrate on seeing the nation's largest fireworks display only.

I packed us a delicious picnic spread complete with homemade brownies and we headed to Brooklyn for a prime viewing spot near the East River. And, even though the show finally started about 20 minutes late, the fireworks were pretty, the food delicious, and luckily, the rain was light, nonetheless constant. (We didn't realize how wet everything was until we tried to pack it up?!)

0 comments: