Friday, July 11, 2008

Vatten taxis ar sval!

I had the day off today and decided to begin the hunt for furnishing my adorable studio. And, what better place to furnish a small space than IKEA! Our new IKEA just opened in Brooklyn last month and so I was also able to turn my list of needed furnishings into a mini vacation out of the City too! The bonus: IKEA is right on the water! It's in an old docking warehouse off the East River. So, I grabbed a yellow taxi and set off! I grabbed a yellow water taxi, that is!

The view of the South seaport was beautiful and during my 20 minute ride I was able to take in breathtaking views of the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline. And, while I admired a nice chaise, a few lamps, and some much needed drapes, I didn't have the space or energy to carry any of it back! But, yes, I still managed to walk out of there spending about $35 in kitchen supplies that I needed. Really, I needed all of it! (I just keep telling myself that . . .)

The view of the Manhattan skyline from IKEA

Lady Liberty from aboard a NYC yellow water cab

0 comments: