Sunday, May 11, 2008

Are you a work of art?

My new friend Carrie invited me to the ballet last night with a few of her friends, Jordan and Bryan--Bryan, by the way, is the son of a couple at my mom's church in Colorado Springs. Ironically, Mom has been telling me about him and was so hoping that we would eventually meet here in the Big City. I just kept telling her that the odds of us meeting were so slim considering we both live in a metropolitan area of more than 8MM people and he lives in Queens, where I have yet to venture. Who knew that only a week after meeting Carrie that she would introduce us to each other. Crazy?!
Jordan, the struggling producer/director, has been a blast to meet, too. In his continuing efforts to make rent money, he's constantly taking on odd jobs he finds on Craigslist. Today, he entertained us at the Metropolitan Museum of Art by participating in a "living art" project called The Walking Man. The photographer (artist) asked several volunteers to dress in black/white with hoods covering their faces. He then lined them up in several different formations around the museum, creating quite the stir among museum goers. Only in NYC, right?

1 comments:

bookworm said...

they remind me of storm troopers. 'course that could be because i just spent an hour watching my nephews play star wars the battlefield on playstation.