Friday, May 30, 2008

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

I just couldn't contain myself any longer and decided to catch a midnight showing of Sex & The City tonight. And, to celebrate both the highly anticipated return of my fave gal pals to the big screen and the warm weather come lately, I donned my most fun opened-toed heels all day. Oh yeah, the red ones! My co-worker Dixie came by my desk today and told me how "glamorous" she thinks I am (not how glamorous I look, but how glamorous I AM). Soon, a few of the other girls in the office were chiming in and even compared me to some of old Hollywood's famous glam girls. Apparently, I have movie star quality and didn't even know it--she mentioned something about Elizabeth Taylor, Black Velvet, amazing eyebrows . . . I was so flattered and excitedly replied, "Dixie, I like you more every day!"

As for the movie, I was totally siked! But, I have to admit, the biggest scene in the entire film, the aftermath of Big jilting Carrie at the altar fell flat to me. Costumes--an unbelievably stunning wedding gown, complete with colorful headress, AMAZING. . . Scenery--42nd bet. 5th and 6th with Bryant Park in the background, AMAZING. . . Script--Big: Carrie, I don't know what to say?! (with a dumbfounded stare on his face), NOT so amazing. Overall, a good depiction of the characters remaining true to themselves with a few unexpected and pleasant surprises and plenty of over the top GLAM, but a little lengthy with a long lull in the middle. Still, a must see!

0 comments: