Friday, May 30, 2008

The Sky is Falling . . .

At approximately 8:05 this morning, a construction crane at the corner of 91st St and 1st Ave collapsed and fell 32 stories to the ground, destroying surrounding buildings, killing one, and injuring a few. The incident was only three blocks from my apartment (89th St and 2nd Ave). Luckily, I was home sleeping off my late night action from last evening and wasn't affected at all. But, there is an army of news vans, emergency vehicles, reporters, and police officers that has invaded my street. And, I can hear the news choppers continuing to circle the skies outside my window . . . it's absolute pandemonium.


This is the second deadly crash in the last 90 days. March 15's accident killed three and was only two blocks from my friend Linda's house at 50th St and 2nd Ave . . . My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

0 comments: