Monday, May 26, 2008

Long Walk of the Navajo

OK, I've now been in my apartment for three weeks and have yet to unpack most living necessities in my apartment (in other words, the boxes are still stacked to the ceiling and I have a trail from the bathroom to my bed). So, I managed to get up early on this relaxing Memorial Day morning and unpack a few boxes today. I then headed downtown to meet Dave "The Navajo" Merrill and his nephew Brett at Penn Station for lunch. He was passing through NYC on his way to the airport after leading Brett on a whirlwind tour of the Eastern seaboard over the last few days (for those of you that know Dave, you know that is totally his style). We got to spend about an hour together over some pastrami, fish n' chips, and a slice of NY cheesecake. I miss Dave a lot and it was good to see his smiling face and infectious laughter again today! Plus, he told me he's going to be back in September; he promised to take me some place "special" for dinner. I told him I'd spend all summer fasting. . .

0 comments: